Saturday, October 4, 2008

A visit with Nancy

Mary, Sue and I picked up mom and went to visit Nancy's grave. Since the ground is so uneven, mom couldn't walk to the actual grave, but we parked close. At 93, we didn't want to chance a fall. We miss Nancy very much and it only seemed right to visit her before we headed off on our earthly adventure. I know that she is with the Lord on her eternal adventure. I appreciate all that Nancy taught me and her close walk with the Lord will always be what I hold on to most. Thank you Nancy for your earthly legacy. You have touched the hearts of so many. So, when I am sad that you are no longer here, I remember what a wonderful job you did. I know that is God's plan for each of us, to share the love of the Lord with others. You continue to shine in that regard. Praise God!


Last week at Community Bible Study one of the personal thoughts was : "Is there somone to whom you should express gratitude for their role in your spiritual journey? Why not write a note... or make a call...? This is my call to Nancy.

1 comment:

Drew & Erica said...

That's so nice. I wish I could have gone with you, but I always seem to lose it when I go there. I miss her a lot too.