Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lakshmi visits & Blue Angels

Another San Francisco Adventure

My long time friend Lakshmi came to town and we had a wonderful time visiting, hiking, eating, going to movies and cooking together. We took an amazing hike starting at the Sutro Baths by the cliff house called Lands End Trail. It goes right along the coast to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a bit windy, but still really delightful. I strongly recommend this hike. Then we ran into a local that told us if we went all the way to 25th Ave, we could continue walking on Baker Beach and China Beach all the way to the GG Bridge. I will try that next time. What a another perfect day in San Francisco.

I just love to watch the blue angels fly over the City. I can't imagine a better place to see this amazing air show. This year is was really spectacular because Lakshmi was staying at her brother-in-laws place in the Marina. We arrived there about 10 minutes after the blue angels started flying. We went to the roof top (5th floor) thinking that we would have it to ourselves. We found it jam packed with lots of people from the building drinking beer and wine and having a grand time. Even though I felt like we were two mother's breaking up a party, we just joined in and had a great viewing of the air show. The pictures below speak for themselves. A perfect day in the city and a grand but noisy air show was really a lot of fun.

(Side note: The blue angels flew two days in a row. Today I went down to the dog park and saw them from the other side of the bay. It was probably 8 miles away as the crow flies. It was really amazing how different yet graceful precison it was from this side of the bay. I could see their entire formations instead of their close up and powerful performance. I actually like the close up better, but really appreciate what skill they exhibit.)

What would my blog be if I didn't include food. This was such a busy day that we really didn't eat lunch. At 4:30 we strolled over to Chestnut Street to Lakshmi's favorite Japanese restaurant and had an early dinner. Lakshmi ordered the rainbow roll. It was just so beautiful that I had to take a picture. My tempura tasted great too, but don't you love the presentation of the rainbow roll.

2 comments:

Drew & Erica said...

those are some incredible pictures, carol!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful day! You must have had a great view of the Blue Angels to get such great shots of them. And that sushi looks yummy!