Monday, October 20, 2008

San Diego US Women's Sprint Triathlon

On October 19, 2008 five outstanding women did this Sprint Triathlon. These women in black are Laurel (my daughter), Erica (my neice), Jess (my daughter-in-law), Brit (Jess's sister-in-law) and Rachel (my niece). Laurel, Erica and Jess raised over $3000 for Ovarian Cancer Research. My sister Nancy died in 2005 from Ovarian Cancer, so this race had special meaning for all of us. This course included a 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. I am so proud of all of these young ladies.Here is Jess with little Lucy before the race. It looks dark because it is very early in the morning and the sun has not come up yet.
Here is a picture of group 5 taking off on their swim. They started by age group.




Check out this image of Laurel. I think she is pleased to be finished with the swim part of the race.




Here are Jess and Britney just before the finish line for the final leg of the race. Go Girls!









Here is Laurel finishing her run.







Here is Rachel. She placed 150th out of 516 in her division. She is an amazing athlete.
Erica (on the right) smiles for all of us as we cheer her on.











Here is Jess. She did a great job. She didn't even ride a bicycle to prepare for the tri. She borrowed Erica's husband's bike which she just got the night before the race. What a woman!
Did you wonder what Grandma did during the race? Well, I had a very hard job that I love. I know I didn't swim, bike and run, but my arm got very tired. I know that you are really feeling sorry for me. Lucy slept durning most of the bike race. She is a sweetheart!

2 comments:

Katers said...

we miss you already. when are you coming back?

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting these great pictures! What a great weekend. I agree with Katie, though. Grandma/Auntie Carol needs to be everywhere at once!