Sunday, May 25, 2008

WILDFLOWERS AT THE CABIN

I went to the cabin for Memorial Day weekend. The day I left my new camera was delivered. I was so excited to have the weekend to read about the camera and play with the f-stops (whatever that is). I needed to find something to photograph. I was at the cabin with three fishing maniacs and all they do is fish. (Actually, they also spent hours clearing the pine needles from around the cabin in the rain. They did it in the rain so they could fish when it wasn’t raining. Yes, fishing maniacs!) But, you can only take so many pictures of pine needle clearing in the rain. I decided that I would walk and take pictures of all the different wild flowers that I came across. Much to my surprise, I found over 19 different wild flowers. There were probably more than that, but I only wanted to photograph brilliant ones. I am now feeling pretty confident in my flower photography. I also took pictures of the upper falls, so I could get so movement pictures. I love the area around the cabin and my camera makes it more fun to take walks and observe the beauty of the Sierras. Here are some of the photos.

Here is the cabin that was built in 1975 by Don’s parents.




Flowers The first flower is known as Kit kit dizzy ,Mountain Misery and Bear Clover. When we first built the cabin, we spent hours clearing this beautiful, but invasive flower from our property. It is everywhere in Cascadel.




















I realize this last one isn't a wild flower but I loved the way the rain drops stayed on the leaves.


The rain helped make this picture of the falls look pretty good. The falls are a short walk from the cabin .



Clean up time. This happens every year. We have to clear 30 feet from the cabin. Don, Ron and Ron’s friend Steve came up to do the clearing this year. But, sometimes things don't work out as you plan. They did manage to rake everything into piles. They figured they would have about 4 truck loads to take to the dump. They did most of the raking in the rain. After taking the first load to the dump, it rained so much that they couldn't finish. I think the plan is to hire someone to take the other loads to the dump. It was much to wet to finish the job.



So, the guys still had time to take the boat out and fish in the rain. They caught a lot of fresh water salmon. We enjoyed them for breakfast this morning and brought some home too.

3 comments:

Katers said...

the camera ROCKS!

Jessica said...

Those are some beautiful pictures!! I love the one of the leaf with rain drops on it, and the ones of the falls.

Drew & Erica said...

wow, carol! i love how you can blur the background. i think you should also get photoshop elements to supplement your camera. you can add neat effects to pictures and really do a lot with them.