Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Hike

What a nice mother's day. Laurel, D.B. and I went for a hike at Briones Park. Briones in maybe 15 miles from our house and I hadn't been there for a long time. As you can see by the pictures, it is beautiful and we ran across some of our favorite things. I'm really fond of cows (not!). Laurel shared how I taught her to fear cows when she was young. Then in the bottom picture you can see that D.B. caught a lizard. with his bare hands and Laurel wanted to kiss it. The good news is that he didn't make me kiss it. We did have a lovely hike with lots of green hills and wildflowers. It was nice being out in the great outdoors.


"I can't believe I got that close to a cow!"




3 comments:

Jessica said...

ha ha...I would pay so much money to see you kiss a lizard :) Looks like a great hike (despite the cows). I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Katers said...

i can't believe how long it's been since i checked your blog! the pics are wonderful & i feel like i was with while the girls visited...

Drew & Erica said...

It takes a special bunch to kiss lizards and hike with cows. glad that you had such a nice mother's day.