Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mosaic Art Show

Linda, Cris and I spent hours of time this summer creating our mosaics. It's pretty amazing because all three of us finished our works of art today. Cris and Linda were my mentors. This is their 3rd year of doing it. I think that every year they get better. We worked in Cris's backyard. She has a perfect place to do this. She has spent the past year breaking bottles and tumbling them. Cris and I both used a lot of glass in our projects. If you have a chipped plate or broken bottle of unique glass (not basic wine), we would love to have them for next years project. We also use tiles and marble. Yes, I am addicted to this art form. Since we usually work together, it become a wonderful social and creative endeavor.
We plan to have an open house art show on August 2nd to show off our work. If you would like to come, just let me know.



4 comments:

Katers said...

oh my gosh...i'm stunned. it looks so beautiful. you're so talented! it would be great to come see it in person soon:)

Karen said...

Those are amazing!!

Drew & Erica said...

carol - WOW - i am impressed. Wish I could be in 2 places at once and be at your art show. We'll have to settle for seeing it in September.

Jessica said...

These are all amazing! I can't believe it's your first one...it looks like you've been doing this forever. I, too wish I could see it in person. Have fun at your show!