Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mary & Lucy visit the Bay Area

Maryn, Lucy and Parents came for a visit with Grandma and Grandpa. We had a blast. Since I really love photos, I will tell you what we did mostly with pictures. I have posted lots of photos on facebook, but if you don't check out facebook, this will be a great way to stay updated. We played at home a lot. We played with barbies, bears, water play, picking veggies, taking walks, going to the boat. We had a trip to the Tilden to visit the steam train, merry-go-round and the little farm. I think the highlight of Maryn's trip was a visit to the Jelly Belly Factory.


Here we are on D B's boat on San Francisco Bay. My friend Helen, her son Paul and his girlfriend's parents from Paris joined us on our cruise of the bay.










Here we are at dress up time. These are very old dress up clothes from Laurel's young days. In fact, Lucy is wearing a costume from Erica Smylie Douglas's very young days.




DB, Jess, Mayrn and I took a walk by the boat. Maryn got to play and also see how grandpa traps bait near his boat.


iv>

We did take time to have hot fudge Sunday Treats. Lucy really liked them and so did Maryn.






I found a moment to get a family picture. I love family pictures.

It's water play time. Doesn't it look like he is squirting those precious little girls.




Here we are at Tilden Park... Riding theTrain.







Here we are at the Little Farm





Here is the Merry-Go-Round.





Aunt Laurel tried to visit as much as she could. The girls love their Aunt Laurel.










Here is the grand finale.... Our trip to the Jelly Belly Factory. Maryn just loved this. It is pretty fun with lots of free samples. Jess discovered the wonderful cold stone ice cream flavors. Oh my goodness... They were wonderful.



It was so much fun to have the Portland Ballanti's visit us. We had a great time. But, now I know why I was so tired. We did so much while they were here. Jess tells me that Lucy took a 4 hour nap today. She is trying to recover from so much fun. I hope I didn't wear you out with pictures. I have hundreds more if you want to see them.







3 comments:

Doug and Kathy said...

Thanks for all the photos Carol!
My fav is the old fashioned dress-up and the family picture.
I think this must become a family tradition!

Drew & Erica said...

wow, those old costumed bring back lots of old memories. Looks like a great visit...and DB, that hat was made for you :)

Katers said...

what a great collection of pictures & memories. hope we can visit sometime soon...i want to see db in that hat again:)