Monday, May 25, 2009

The Cabin May 2009



Don and I went up to our cabin on Thursday morning. It was beautiful. We played and we worked. On Thursday we drove around the lake and did a couple of short walks. Friday morning was lots of yard works. Then, in the afternoon we took our small boat to the lake. The weather was so perfect, I just wanted to enjoy the Great Outdoors. With a bottle of wine (soda for DB) and a few snacks, my camera and a fishing rod, we set out to enjoy the lake before volumes of people came up for the weekend. The lake a glassy and the temperature was perfect. While Don fished I kicked back and enjoyed myself.

Check out the photo of the local Eagle. I was so excited to find it flying into the tree. I managed to take pictures of other birds (ducks, geese and heron), but none as exciting as the eagle.

While I sipped wine and took pictures, Don managed to catch a trout, a bass and a crappie. When he caught the trout, he seemed a bit irritated because he said that he was fishing for crappie. I guess the fish is supposed to know what he wants to catch. We actually had the crappie for breakfast on Saturday. It was delicious.

On Saturday, Don worked in the yard in the morning. I resisted doing too much because I become driven when I go outside with a chain saw. We did lots of trimming and the outdoors is really coming together. After lunch we headed off to hike to Fresno Dome. It is a long drive on some pretty bad roads. We had never gone there before, so it was our adventure. When we got there, we started hiking, but we actually started hiking the wrong way. So, the first 45 minutes go us no where. Once we figured out what we had done wrong, the hike was fairly easy. The end of it was steep, but old slow and steady did just fine. The altitude at Fresno Dome is 8000 feet, so we did have snow and slush deal with, but it was dry at the top of the Dome.


Rachel and Andy came up on Saturday. They plan to marry at Yosemite in May 2010. I'm looking forward to that event. It was nice to visit with them.




Here are some of the pictures from our weekend. I'm sorry I didn't take any of us grooming the forest. We did a really good job of that too. Enjoy!




Birds on the Lake


The Eagle


















Trout









Crappie











Bass







































No comments: