Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Book of John

Today was the last day of bible study. We studied the book of John this year. John's objective was to share information about the ministry of Jesus in order that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing this we may have eternal life. I like this study because it focuses on the bottom line that Jesus is our Savior and he loves us.

I took two pictures at CBS today. The first one is of my dear friend Matilda who at 97 comes to bible study every week and inspires so many of us. What a great attitude she has. I hope I can be as inspirational as she is when I'm 97.

This is a picture of our teaching director Chris, a volunteer with a heart for Jesus. Every week she puts in many hours of time researching information for a lecture based on the scripture that we studied that day. She has endless energy and I appreciate all that she gives to the 120+ women that do bible study.

We are now on break for the summer. We will return in September and dig into the book of Genesis. Let me know if you want to join us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol: What great pictures. Mathilda looks as good as ever and Chris has long hair! John is a great study and you are right about the bottom line. Love it!

Drew & Erica said...

I'm so thankful for my BSF and I know your CBS group is the same way. Glad you had a great study. We're doing John next year down here so I'll have to pick your brain if I have questions :)

Heather said...

In my wishful thinking, I typed up something for someone in my group to read yesterday. I'm glad it was a great time, and I'm sad I wasn't there, too.

Katers said...

hi there. i loved catching up on all that you had written in the last few weeks. john sounds like a great study of God...who He is and what He requires of us. thanks for leading by example & continuing to go:).