Monday, April 20, 2009

Walking in San Francisco. Hot! Hot! Hot!

Jeanie and I planned to walk in the city before we knew that it would be 95 degrees today. But, we picked a perfect spot to walk. You start at Sutro Baths (that is the picture below) and you walk over to China Beach. It is all part to Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA). The trail along the coast is wonderful. The last picture (featuring Jeanie) was taken at China Beach. There were young mothers frolicing with their children in the water. Now when does that happen in San Francisco? When we arrived we noticed a hawk pearched in a tree. Since I only had my pocket camera, I didn't get a real close up, but I liked seeing a hawk at the seashore. Jeanie and I finished off our 2 hour walk with lunch at the Beach Chalet. What a nice day. We cruised in SF in the convertible and then I actually decided to do top down all the way home. I really don't love hot weather, but every once in a while, it is just fine. What a delightful day! We wish you could have joined us.








5 comments:

Laurel said...

What a lovely way to spend the day. One of the best things about hot days are the warm evenings! Hope you get to enjoy you new patio furniture.

Unknown said...

I do wish I could have been there but 95 degrees. That is too hot for me. And new patio furniture too?

Drew & Erica said...

We'll be up in SF over Labor Day Weekend - will you guys be around? Would love to do some SF walks! I think you should post pics of your patio furniture, by the way.

Katers said...

you take great pictures, miss carol. and i admire all your walking, too.

Jessica said...

Beautiful day! Can't wait to come visit this summer...I hope it's hot, but maybe not THAT hot.