Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Lucy

Happy 1st Birthday Lucy. She is such a sweetheart. This first picture is one that Jess took for her birthday invitation. I just love this picture and I'll tell you why I had to include it at the end of this blog.Now this picture was taken on her actual birthday. Note Lucy's hair and Chris's hair. They really have almost the exact shade right now. Lucy's hair is starting to curl too. I think we have another red head.











Here is Lucy's birthday cake. We struggled with hot weather (over 100) and melting frosting, but it still turned out really cute. Jess is so creative at putting this together.
This was Lucy's pinata. Instead of using a bat, each child got to pull a string on the bottom. Only one string made the candy come out. It was perfect for little kids.




Watch for this picture in a Christmas card. We were all together for her birthday. That doesn't happen very often. The party was in Jess's friend's backyard (Kim). It was perfect for the hot weather because the kids got to go in the pirate pool to stay cool. Thanks Kim! I had to include this great picture of Jess's family at the party. It is so much fun that they now live so close to Chris & Jess. Doug loves to cook and I managed to get 3 invites to dinner at their house. Yum! Did I mention that they also have air conditioning.

So to conclude this post I want you to know that I wanted to include a lot more pictures of my one week in Portland. But, I think I have a bad memory card in my camera. Pictures keep disappearing. I've lost some before and then they came back, so I'm hoping that happens again. I am now on the way to the store to buy a new SD card for my camera. I'll keep playing with the old one and if I can find the pictures, I'll do another post of my week in Portland. If I can't find the pictures, then you will just have to imagine 400 pictures of really cute kids.

1 comment:

Katers said...

this looks great! you have the cutest grandkids ever. all those redheads:). i'm excited that we get to see you soon!