Sunday, January 11, 2009

Women's Retreat at Asilomar

I went to the 25th annual women's retreat at our church. This was my 10th time attending. We always have such a great time. You would too. Check out these pictures. We had an amazing speaker. The topic was forgiveness. Who can't spend time reflecting on forgivenss. And look at the beautiful setting at Asilomar in Pacific Grove. I just love spending time on the beach and being with wonderful Christian friends.




Here is a picture of the coming up.













I got up before breakfast to take a pictures on the beach.

















Here I am with Fran, Jeanie and Helen. We drove down to the Monterey Bay together and enjoyed stopping, taking pictures, shopping and having a great time together. These are great ladies.
Here is a picture of me with Helen. Helen and I have been best friends for years. I've known her since 1985.

I had to include the photo of Fran. She was the moderator at the retreat. She did a wonderful job and we all enjoyed her humor.

Here I am with Kathy. Every once in a while I asked someone to take my picture, just to show you that I was really there.


We are sitting by the beach just catching those last few minutes of the ocena before we had to go home.

June and Fran are thinking that they are going to stay in Pacific Grove.
Jeanie, Kathy and I are sitting on the beach, drinking wine and waiting for the sun to set. It was well worth the wait because the sunset was outstanding.



Here is the view of the sunset. This is why we sit on the beach and watch it go down. It was so beautiful. I love the beach.








One of the things I love to do in Pacific Grove is to visit the migrating butterflies. I didn't have my long lens with me when we went to see the butterflies because we didn't think we would see many. But, there were some massive clumps of them. There are hundreds of butterfies in this picture. When the butterflies are in town, it is a sight to see.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures! This makes me miss California. And you! I'm glad the retreat was refreshing.