Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthdays***Best Friends***Grandchildren

My 60th birthday celebration just seems to just keep on happening. Helen and Karmi took me to the city for tea. There is a new tea shop at Ghiradelli Square called Crown & Crumpet. It is very cute and bright and the food was wonderful. So, we had a leisurely meal while Helen's granddaughter slept. When we finished eating Avery woke up and was sweet and adorable for everyone to enjoy. The January weather in San Francisco has been wonderful, so it was a picture perfect day.

It was such a delight for me to get a phone call from Maryn while we were still in San Francisco. She doesn't call me on the phone very often. She said "Grandmaaaa, I skyped you two times and you didn't answer." I explained to her that I wasn't home, but I would skype her as soon as I got home. She said, "OK, goodbye." Aren't grandcildren the greatest? I think both Helen and I would agree.









No comments: