Thursday, November 13, 2008

Full Moon in Tilden

Don, Fallon (our rent-a-dog) and I headed up to Tilden Park tonight to watch the 99% full moon rise . I can't believe I forgot my camera because I am such a visual person. So, DB said I would have to just take in the moment. It was really beautiful. First, the weather was perfect, the sun was just setting as we arrived. We strolled a bit and the full moon came up. I love the full moon in Tilden. At this time of year is rises to the left of Mt. Diablo. But, it is really amazing. By the time we finished our walk, Fallon had taken her dump and the moon was really big and high on the horizon. And the setting sun over the Golden Gate Bridge was a beautiful red glow. So, you have to picture this in your mind since I forgot my camera. The moon came up at abou 5:06 tonight. It will be about 45 minutes later tomorrow. If you read this today, you might think about checking it out tomorrow night. Don't you just love fall!

2 comments:

Drew & Erica said...

How'd you get a rent-a-dog? Friends out of town?

Jessica said...

Your blogs always crack me up! Thanks for including the tidbit about Fallon's dirty business...it helped set the scene better than any picture could :)

And I agree with DB, sometimes it's good to "forget" the camera and just enjoy the moment. Sounds like you did!