Monday, July 14, 2008

Vancouver & The Rocky Mountaineer Train

Vancouver
We started our trip with 3 days in Vancouver. We use the Big Bus as our mode of transportation. It worked out well, giving us an overview of the city and then we used it to get around without taxis.
Stanley Park is a highlight in downtown Vancouver. It is lush from the frequent rain. It was warmer in Vancouver than I thought it would be which made walking around at night easy.
Another great place to visit is Granville Island. I decided that I love the condos in the background. They had a great view of the water and were right by the wonderful marketplace. Most of Vancover is near water. I loved that about it. I have a feeling that if I spent one winter there, I would be on plane back to California. I like year round mild weather.
I took this picture near the Martime Museum. We took a small boat seen in the background over to the museum. The picture is looking back on downtown Vancouver. Once again, there is water everywhere. Nice!
This is a clock powered by steam that goes off every half hour. It is located in Gas Town. This was just a short walk from our hotel, so we walked over here for dinners and ice cream treats.
Rocky Mountaineer
Here are a few pictures of our trip. It was so scenic, it was hard to decide what to post. We had first class service on the train. The seats gave us lots of leg room and if we wanted we could go stand outside of the train to take pictures we could. They would announce when something important was coming up. This was certainly a luxury vacation.
This is Paula and Chet with DB as we boarded the train.


Beautiful Canadian Rockies

I loved watching the train go around bends where we could see the front of our train. The cars in the front were only one floor in height. We were on the dome cars with two levels. The top of our car was glass so we could see outside from many windows.
This was fun. I took a picture of an oncoming train by sticking my head out the side of the train. I did manage to pull my camera inside before it passed. I think I could have click one more picture, but my play if safe instincts took over.


The Beauty of the trip never ended. If you want to see more pictures from the trip, you can go to my webshots site. http://community.webshots.com/user/cballanti

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wow. Canada is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your pictures! I really like the oncoming train ones that show your dare-devil side :)

And I'm drooling over the food - I would happily trade a few added pounds for all that deliciousness!