Tuesday, June 10, 2008

San Francisco -great walks - great pictures

Today was a picture perfect San Francisco day. I went for a walk in the city with a friend. I decided not to bring my camera. We were walking stairways in San Francisco and I decided to just take in the beauty of the moment. I really should have brought my camera because it was so beautiful. The weather was perfect. I walked on the water front and up the Filbert Steps to Coit Tower in a short sleeve cotton top. What a perfect day. The views were stunning. This summer when I'm around, I want to walk in the city every week. It's only a BART ride to a tourist mecca.

Since I didn't bring my camera, I thought I would share two pictures with you. This one is a photo that I have hanging in my living room. It was taken by our friend Doug. He is an amazing photographer. It was taken from the Albany waterfront. Don got it for me for my birthday last year.

When I woke up last Friday, it was pretty clear, so I went down to the Albany waterfront with my camera. As I started to hike out on the "bulb", I came across this stack of rocks. You will notice that directly across the bay in San Francisco is the Transamerica Pyramid. These rocks are a replica of the pyramid. Someone spent a lot of time stacking those rocks. Pretty cool!
So, now I'm looking at telephoto lenses for my new camera. I want to go back down to the bay and take more pictures of San Franscisco. I'm waiting for that perfectly clear day. Oh, and I'm waiting to find the new camera lense. Keep watching. I know that I'll get that perfect panoramic photo.







2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those rocks are pretty cool! You did a great job getting San Francisco in the background. Your walk sounds wonderful - sometimes it's good to leave the camera behind to really appreciate the beauty of the moment. Having said that, I hope you get your lens soon!

Drew & Erica said...

I'm impressed with your camera skills...very artistic shot. maybe you missed your calling in life.