Monday, January 14, 2008

Asilomar with the ladies

I went to the 24th Annual Women's retreat for First Presbyterian Church Berkeley. The theme was Enjoying the Presence of God. We had a great time and looking at the pictures, you can see that we all really did enjoy the presence of God in our hearts and in our surroundings. What a beautiful place. Asilomar is in Pacific Grove (near Monterey).




We stopped to enjoy the beach. I just keep thinking "How can I built a house with this view (and not spend millions of dollars)?"















This is a picture of Fran, Kathy, Jeanie, Marianna and Me. We are watching the sunset at Spanish Bay while the bagpipper plays music as he strolls on the hills of golf course. I love this special time. Oh, and did I mention that these ladies are great Christian companions.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

The beach is beautiful. Looks like you had a great time on your retreat!

Drew & Erica said...

We should all go on a long family weekend there sometime - it would be a great getaway!

Katers said...

i love these pics. and it makes me happy to think of having girlfriends at retreat together. looks like it was great!